We remain committed to keeping you informed about actions we’re taking, to support you during this time of crisis and thank you for choosing WISP as your rural high-speed internet provider.
• Installation & Service call procedures: WISP remains committed to providing our clients with excellent service during these trying times. In the interest of protecting both our clients and our staff, we have implemented a number of safety precautions and procedures with regards to all field related work including but not limited to new Installations and onsite service calls.
- All WISP field staff have been provided with face masks that they will be wearing when they are onsite with other staff or at client homes.
- Staff will be washing their hands regularly and have been provided with hand sanitizer to utilize on a regular basis throughout the day.
- Wherever possible our staff have been instructed to maintain at least 6 feet between themselves and other staff members and clients.
- Field staff have been provided with supplies to sanitize their tools on a regular basis throughout the day.
- When your appointment is booked WISP staff will ask you if there is anyone sick in your home. If the answer is yes, an appointment will need to be scheduled for a later date.
- On the day before your appointment is scheduled, WISP staff will follow up again to confirm that this remains the case. Likewise, on the day of our visit, should someone onsite be displaying symptoms WISP staff have been instructed to leave and the appointment will need to be rescheduled.
• Bandwidth issues: As a result of the massive increase in the number of people staying home as a result of Covid-19, the overall bandwidth usage in our network has surged forward to untold heights. WISP remains committed to providing the very best service to all our clients, and we continue to work diligently to make this a reality.
Despite these best efforts, it is inevitable that during this period where so many people are using the service then it is normal, that bandwidth issues will arise. We ask our clients to bare with us and understand that everything that can be done is being done to ensure that all our clients have the service they need to stay connected.
- Have you changed your business hours due to the COVID-19?
Our business hours have remained the same. Our sales & billing staff are available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm, while our tech team can be reached from 8am to 11pm during the week and from 9am to 5pm on the weekends.
- Can I still visit your office in Port Perry?Our office in Port Perry is currently closed due to the COVID-19 situation, however, you can get a hold of us by phone, email or Facebook. As soon as the situation stabilizes we are going to be available once again at our Port Perry address.
- How do I schedule a new appointment (installation/service call)?To make an inquire and/or schedule an installation, please contact us at 1-877-955-9477, option 2 for sales, or via email email@example.com
To report an issue and/or schedule a service call, please contact us at 1-877-955-9477, option 1 for tech support, or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- I believe someone in our family has COVID-19, and we have an appointment scheduled, what should I do?If you suspect that someone in your family has COVID-19, please contact our office immediately to cancel your appointment. As soon as your family member recovers, we are going to schedule a new appointment. Safety comes first!
- What if martial law is declared (what if authorities decide that we must be on home lockdown)?At the moment WISP is listed as an essential service and we don’t anticipate any issues.
- Why is my service slower than usual?With the government advising everyone to stay home as a result of the threat of COVID-19, the usage on our network has increased by an order of magnitude compared to normal operations. As a result sections of our network infrastructure are stretched to their limits to service the demand. During these times WISP is making every effort to continue to provide a quality service to all our clients and meet everyone’s demands. We realize that many of our clients will not be able to achieve their full package speeds as a result of the increased demand. We are however working diligently to ensure that everyone has sufficient speed to remain connected.
- Has WISP considered implementing safety precautions for field staff?In the interest of protecting both our clients and our staff, we have implemented a number of safety precautions and procedures with regards to all field related work including but not limited to new Installations and onsite service calls. Please refer to Installation & Service call procedures.
- I would like to restore my seasonal services, is that possible now?Yes, you may reactivate your service at any time. The reactivation rarely requires an on-site visit. To reactivate your service please call 1-877-955-9477, or get a hold of us via email or Facebook.
- Will I be able to submit a credit request if I do not have internet for more than 24hrs?If you are out of service for more than 24hrs, please reach out to our billing department to request a credit for the downtime. Please note that not all outages qualify for a credit. Once the request is reviewed, you will be informed whether the credit was approved or declined. If approved, the credit will be applied to your next invoice.
- Will I be able to submit a credit request if my internet service is slow?At this time, we will not consider credit requests regarding speed issues. Please refer to the question #6 for details and thank you for your understanding.
#wisp #covid19 #reliable #internet